Candlelight Evenings 2023 (reservation required)
Every Thursday evening in July and August, from 7 pm until midnight
Each evening, 2000 candles are placed in the gardens and over 150 light sources illustrate the Cliff Walk to the waterfalls. At twilight, all the romanticism of Marqueyssac is accentuated by the play of light and shadow, emphasising the beauty of the cliff and the vegetation. Nightfall is the perfect opportunity to discover the Dordogne valley, its castles, and its illuminated, picturesque villages; Castelnaud, Beynac, La Roque Gageac…
Reservation required, tickets exclusively available online. Click here.
Every Thursday four musical entertainments
punctuate the walk:
* A pianist at the tearoom
* Indian dances by the ‘Tribu du Poète’ at the rotunda
* A jazz music group on the Esplanade
* A saxophone quartet on the Great Walk
* A guitar and vocals duet, ‘Duo Joskat’, at the sandwich bar
Entertainment and activities for children:
– Candle creation workshop at the Esplanade
– « Les Marraines Fées – The Fairy Godmothers » by the Lilou Company : the image of all fairy tales, beautiful fairies take a stroll around the gardens on stilts.
To fully enjoy the gardens we highly recommend arriving 1 hour before sunset.
To ease your access to the gardens, Candlelight tickets are only available online in 2023
The « Candlelight » tickets are only available on our website.
« Twin » tickets with Castelnaud Castle are not valid for « Candlelight evenings »
Warning : the event may be cancelled in case of bad weather (rain -wind)
In association with the « Allez et Cie » company